Authorized Retailer Terms & Conditions
To protect and promote our brand and reputation for providing high-quality products, Matchbox Capital LLC dba PawPail (“PawPail”) has established these Authorized Retailer Terms & Conditions (the “Terms”), effective immediately, which apply to all authorized retailers of PawPail products, including but not limited to the PawPail brand (the “Products”). By purchasing from PawPail for retail sale, you (“Retailer”) agree to adhere to the following terms. Please read these Terms carefully.
- Business Information. Retailer shall maintain accurate and up-to-date company information on file with PawPail and disclose all retail locations that carry Products throughout the term of their Retailer relationship with PawPail. Qualifying retail locations can only be one of the following: physical brick and mortar stores, commerce-enabled websites or temporary storefronts (events, trade shows, pop up stores, etc.).
- Sales Reporting. Retailer must provide sell-through information by SKU and retail location upon request. PawPail reserves the right to perform an audit of financial statements pertaining to PawPail sales or business operations to ensure compliance with these Terms.
- Purchase Orders. Orders for Products made by Retailer shall be handled pursuant to the then-current product order, shipment, and return procedures, which may be amended by PawPail at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. PawPail reserves the right to reject any orders, in whole or in part, for any reason and at any time. Any additional or different terms proposed by Retailer (including, without limitation, any terms contained in any document incorporated by reference into a purchase order) are rejected and will be deemed a material alteration hereof, unless expressly agreed to in writing by PawPail. Furthermore, PawPail will not be bound by any "disclaimers", “click wrap” or "click to approve" terms or conditions now or hereafter contained in any website used by Retailer in connection with the Products or any sale thereof.
- Manner of Sale. Retailer shall sell the Products only as set forth herein. Sales in violation of the Terms are strictly prohibited and may result in immediate termination of Retailer’s account, in addition to other remedies. Furthermore, Products sold to unauthorized persons or through unauthorized channels, including unauthorized websites, shall not be eligible for certain promotions, services, and benefits, including, unless prohibited by law, coverage under PawPail’s Return/Refund Policy and related guarantees.
- Retailer shall sell Products solely to end users of the Products. Retailer shall not sell to anyone a quantity of the Products greater than that generally purchased by an individual or small business for personal use.
- Retailer shall not sell, ship or invoice Products to customers outside of the United States or to any entity Retailer knows or has reason to know intends to ship the Products outside of the United States without the prior written consent of PawPail.
- Retailer is permitted to market for sale or sell the Products through locations and/or websites owned or operated by Retailer, provided however, that such websites are identified in Retailer’s Business Information. PawPail, in its sole discretion, may revoke Retailer’s authorization to sell the Products at such locations/websites at any time, and Retailer shall cease marketing for sale and/or selling the Products at such location/website immediately upon notice of such revocation. Retailer shall not sell the Products on or through any other location/website, including any third-party marketplace website (ex. Amazon, eBay, Jet, Rakuten, Walmart Marketplace), any group purchasing/buying website (ex. Nexpet), any classified ads website (ex. Craigslist), any deal website (ex. Groupon, Living Social), any coupon website (ex. Coupons.com, RetailMeNot, Flipp) or any daily or limited-time sale website (ex. Zulily, Touch of Modern) without the prior written consent of PawPail, which is granted solely by an executive officer of PawPail. No PawPail employee or agent can authorize online sales through oral statements, other written agreement, or by any other means.
- Retailer shall comply with any and all applicable laws, rules, regulations and policies related to the advertising, sale and marketing of the Products.
- Product Care & Quality Controls. Retailer shall care for the Products as set forth herein.
- Product Inspection. Retailer shall inspect the Products upon receipt and during storage for damage, defects, broken seals, evidence of tampering or other nonconformance (collectively, “Defects”). Retailer shall also inspect its inventory regularly for expired or soon-to-be expired Products and shall remove those Products from its inventory. Retailer shall not sell any Products that are expired. If any Defects are identified, Retailer must not offer the Product for sale and must promptly report the Defects to PawPail.
- Product Storage and Handling. Retailer shall exercise due care in storing and handling the Products, store the Products in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, extreme heat, and dampness, and in accordance with any additional storage guidelines specified by PawPail from time to time.
- Recalls and Consumer Safety. To ensure the safety and well-being of the end-users of the Products, Retailer shall cooperate with PawPail with respect to any Product recall or other consumer safety information dissemination effort.
- Alterations & Bundling Prohibited. Retailer shall sell Products in their original packaging, with all seals intact. Retailer shall not sell or label the Products as “used”, “open box” or any other similar descriptors. Relabeling, repackaging (including the separation of bundled products or the bundling of products), misbranding, adulterating, and other alterations are not permitted. Retailer shall not tamper with, deface, or otherwise alter any UPC code, lot or batch code, or other identifying information on Products or packing. Retailer shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices, trademarks or other proprietary markings on the Products, documentation, or other materials related to the Products. Removing, translating, or modifying the contents of any label or literature accompanying the Products is prohibited. Retailer shall not advertise, market, display, or demonstrate non-PawPail products together with the Products in a manner that would create the impression that the non-PawPail products are made by, endorsed by, or associated with PawPail.
- Customer Service & Product Representations. Retailer and Retailer’s sales personnel shall familiarize themselves with the features of all Products marketed for sale and must obtain sufficient Product knowledge to advise end-user customers on the selection and safe use of the Products, as well as any applicable warranty or return policy. Retailer must make itself available to respond to customer questions and concerns both before and after sale of the Products and should endeavor to respond to customer inquiries promptly. Retailer and Retailer’s agents must represent the Products in a professional manner and refrain from any conduct that is or could be detrimental to the reputation of PawPail. Retailer agrees to cooperate fully with PawPail in any investigation or evaluation of such matters.
- Intellectual Property. PawPail owns as between PawPail and Retailer all proprietary rights in and to the PawPail brands, names, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, copyrights, and other intellectual property related to the Products (the “IP”). Retailer is granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the IP solely for purposes of marketing and selling the Products as set forth herein. This license will cease upon termination of Retailer’s status as an Authorized Retailer. PawPail reserves the right to review and approve, in its sole discretion, Retailer’s use or intended use of the IP at any time, without limitation. All goodwill arising from Retailer’s use of the IP shall inure solely to the benefit of PawPail.
- If Retailer violates any of the Terms, PawPail reserves the right to terminate the Terms immediately in addition to all other available remedies. Upon termination, Retailer will immediately lose its status as an Authorized Retailer and shall immediately cease (i) selling the Products; (ii) acting in any manner that may reasonably give the impression that Retailer is an Authorized Retailer or has any affiliation with PawPail; and (iii) using any IP.
- Availability of Injunctive Relief. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, if there is a breach or threatened breach of the Terms, it is agreed and understood that PawPail will have no adequate remedy in money or other damages at law. Accordingly, PawPail shall be entitled to injunctive relief and other equitable remedies; provided, however, no specification in the Terms of any particular remedy shall be construed as a waiver or prohibition of any other remedies in the event of a breach or threatened breach of the Terms. No failure, refusal, neglect, delay, waiver, forbearance, or omission by PawPail to exercise any right(s) herein shall constitute a waiver of any provision herein.
- MAP Policy. PawPail has a Minimum Advertised Price Policy (“MAP Policy”) that applies to all Retailers for the PawPail brand. Retailer shall comply with their obligations under PawPail’s MAP Policy. This Section is intended to inform you of the MAP Policy. It does not constitute consideration for any part of this agreement between you and PawPail, and does not separately constitute an agreement between you and PawPail regarding the price you will charge your customers for the Products. PawPail does not seek, nor will it accept, from Retailer any assurance of compliance with the MAP Policy.
- PawPail reserves the right to update, amend, or modify the Terms and related policies upon written or electronic notice to Retailer. Unless otherwise provided, such amendments will take effect immediately and Retailer’s continued use, advertising, offering for sale, or sale of the Products, use of the IP, or use of any other information or materials provided by PawPail to Retailer under the Terms following notice will be deemed Retailer’s acceptance of the amendments. No waiver of any breach of any provision of the Terms shall constitute a waiver of any prior, concurrent, or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions hereof, nor shall it constitute a course of dealing and no waiver shall be effective unless made in writing. The Terms and any dispute arising under them shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to its choice of law rules. In the event of a dispute over the terms or performance under the Terms, Retailer irrevocably submits to personal jurisdiction and venue in the federal or state courts in New Castle County, Delaware. If any provision of the Terms is held contrary to law, the remaining provisions shall remain valid. The following provisions shall survive the termination of the Terms: Sections 3 and 8.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PARTIES EACH HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVE ALL RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING, OR COUNTERCLAIM (WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE TERMS OR ANY OF THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY OR THEREBY OR THE PARTIES ACTIONS IN THE NEGOTIATIONS, ADMINISTRATION, OR ENFORCEMENT HEREOF OR THEREOF. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH WAIVER IS MADE WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE NATURE OF THE RIGHTS AND BENEFITS WAIVED HEREBY, AND WITH THE BENEFIT OF ADVICE OF COUNSEL OF ITS CHOOSING.